Share on Facebook
As the temperatures start to rise, our make-up feels the heat and begins to creep off our faces. A streaky foundation, raccoon eyes and a blotchy bronzer is not the look we had in mind before we stepped out of the house and into the heat. The sweat will also cause the make-up to come off quicker while leaving some of it settled in the pores and creases of your face, making you feel self conscious and giving you the urge to check your make up every 5 minutes instead of letting you enjoy the fun in the sun.
Here are some slide-proof make-up tips, which will allow your make up to stay put without clogging the pores:
1. Create a base that will hold the makeup in place. Apply an oil free make-up primer to oil and shine prone areas to such as nose, forehead and chin.
2. Change your heavy foundation to a lighter liquid kind that has a water base and wont clog your pores or mix up your own tinted moisturizer by combining a little bit of your foundation with a small blob of SPF 30 sunscreen and mixing it together until its all blended.
3. Chose a matte eye shadow and make sure to prime with eye shadow primer before application, use a water proof pencil or a liquid eyeliner and top it off with water proof mascara.
4. Skip the powdered blush and opt for cream blush or a liquid cheek stain, they are better at handling sweat.
5. Instead of lipstick which can melt and cause a mess in your purse, grab your favorite gloss with a wand for easy mess free application
6. Set your make-up with some loose translucent powder, then mist your skin with some face spray and blot it either with a Kleenex or some blotting paper to give you that flawless face look.